ABOUT KEN McKENZIE
Kenneth McKenzie became interested in becoming a mortician at the age of 12 when his father committed suicide. Working with grieving families came very natural to him, but he was uncomfortable with high funeral costs.
After eight years at a Lakewood, California mortuary, in 1994 he opened McKenzie Cremation & Burial Services in Signal Hill, California and halved the price of funerals. He shares his services by donating three percent of his professional service charge to the families’ charity.
McKenzie gives back to the community by sponsoring annual holiday food drives and summer estate sales that directly benefit people who receive care at local cash-crunched hospices.
So, it’s no surprise that McKenzie is winning accolades from Long Beach’s high ranking officials. McKenzie has been named outstanding business of the year for community involvement by the Long Beach Community Business Network.
Click the Signal Tribunte logo for up-to-date information about his new book.
DEATH OF A CHILD
- The Bereaved Parent, Harriet Sarnoff Schiff
- Recovering From The Loss Of A Child—Firsthand Accounts Of How People Have Managed To Survive An Excruciating Bereavement—The Death of a Child, Katherine Fair Donnell
- Empty Cradle, Broken Heart—Surviving The Death Of Your Baby, Deborah Davis, Ph.D.
EXPLAINING DEATH TO CHILDREN AND TEENS
- Bereaved Children And Teens—A Support Guide For Parents And Professionals, Earl Grollman
- How Do We Tell The Children?—A Step-By-Stop Guide For Helping Children Ages Two To Teen Cope When Someone Dies, Dan Schaefer and Christine Lyons
- Talking With Young Children About Death, Fred Rogers
- When Death Walks In, Mark Scrivani
- The Empty Place; A Child’s Guide Through Grief, (Loss of a Sibling), Roberta Temes
UNDERSTANDING GRIEF AND BEREAVEMENT
- Don’t Take My Grief Away From Me, Doug Manning
- Living When A Love One Has Died, Dr. Earl A. Grollman
- Helping Children Grieve When Someone They Love Dies, Theresa Huntley
- Good Grief, Granger E. Westberg
- Adult Children…How To Deal With The Grief Of A Surviving Parent, Grief Encounters, Inc.
- How To Survive The Loss Of A Love, Melba Colgrove